What to do if you have more macros than keyboard shortcuts available
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Feb 2

What to do if you have more macros than keyboard shortcuts available?

I discovered Raycast and installed the extension to list and run all Keyboard Maestro macros (I have hundreds of them) directly in CafeTran Espresso!

So now I can press CMD+Space to call Raycast, type "KM" to open a search box for all my Keyboard Maestro macro
... See more
What to do if you have more macros than keyboard shortcuts available?

I discovered Raycast and installed the extension to list and run all Keyboard Maestro macros (I have hundreds of them) directly in CafeTran Espresso!

So now I can press CMD+Space to call Raycast, type "KM" to open a search box for all my Keyboard Maestro macros and type "Upper" (or "up") to have all macros listed that change the content of the Target Segment Editor to uppercase in one of several ways. I press Enter et voila.

[Edited at 2024-02-02 11:26 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Demo Feb 2

And here is a demo:

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:29
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. ;-) Feb 2

I have taken a more visual approach with my Beijer.bot. For example, to change a selection to uppercase, I press the "`" key on my keyboard, followed by "u", which will select the Uppercase command in Beijer.bot.

Everyone thinks differently, and I am a real visual thinker. The idea of Beijer.bot was therefore to have everything presented in one conveniently arranged (visual) place. It also acts as a memory aid. So, instead of having to remember all these commands with my ageing brai
... See more
I have taken a more visual approach with my Beijer.bot. For example, to change a selection to uppercase, I press the "`" key on my keyboard, followed by "u", which will select the Uppercase command in Beijer.bot.

Everyone thinks differently, and I am a real visual thinker. The idea of Beijer.bot was therefore to have everything presented in one conveniently arranged (visual) place. It also acts as a memory aid. So, instead of having to remember all these commands with my ageing brain, I press the "`" key on my keyboard and am immediately presented with this overview of useful commands:

2024-02-02_11-26-11
(better quality image @ https://app.screencast.com/pwGFMecf9ElDt )

Furthermore, most commands in Beijer.bot can be triggered using various input modalities:

For example, the make something uppercase command can be triggered in various ways:

• a keyboard shortcut
• a voice command (‘make upper’)
• clicking a menu item in the Beijer.bot menu

info @ https://beijer.bot/

----

PS: Has anyone figured out the secret to making these inserted images not look crap on Proz.com?

[Edited at 2024-02-02 11:42 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
That's a good idea!!! Feb 2

Michael Beijer wrote:

I have taken a more visual approach with my Beijer.bot.

I have immediately implentinged it:

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 12.52.19

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 12.52.36

Michael Beijer

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:29
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
looks good Feb 2

Hans Lenting wrote:

Michael Beijer wrote:

I have taken a more visual approach with my Beijer.bot.

I have immediately implentinged it:

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 12.52.19

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 12.52.36

If I was on a Mac I'd definitely check out Keyboard Maestro and this Raycast thing!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to do if you have more macros than keyboard shortcuts available

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »