Thread poster: Elin Davies
Elin Davies
Elin Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Welsh
+ ...
Apr 17

I have a .docx file which includes a questionnaire. The answers are chosen via radio buttons (see image below), but I can't get Trados to extract the text for these options. It's quite a long questionnaire and most of the answers are in my TM, so I would like t be able to process in Trados rather than manually in Word (itself a lengthy and fiddly process).

Screenshot 2024-04-17 120209

I've tried selecting as many things as I can under 'embedded content' when preparing the files, as well as every reasonable and unreasonable option under 'common', but it doesn't want to extract this text. In Word itself, to edit I have to use the Developer tab, click Design Mode, then right click on each answer, go to object, then 'Edit', so not sure if this process is what's blocking Studio from extracting?

This is the properties info for one of the buttons:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 120934 2

I'm on Trados Studio 2021 SR2 Freelance edition.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating OptionButtons in a Word file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »