Hiszpania
Local time: 06:32
Członek ProZ.com
od 2002

angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Jun 17, 2002

Hi there!

I have been searching the glossaries and i have not had any problem at all when searching for the ones for the language pair EN>ES. But the search doesn\'t produce any results when my search happens with DE>ES.

Are you experiencing the same? Is Proz staff working on it and this is therefore disabled for a while?

Have a nice day!

Maria José Asís

<
... See more
Hi there!

I have been searching the glossaries and i have not had any problem at all when searching for the ones for the language pair EN>ES. But the search doesn\'t produce any results when my search happens with DE>ES.

Are you experiencing the same? Is Proz staff working on it and this is therefore disabled for a while?

Have a nice day!

Maria José Asís

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-06-17 16:00 ]
Collapse

.. Jun 17, 2002

There are no known problems with the glossary search. If you are getting the message \"No results found.\", then there simply weren\'t any terms in the glossary that matched your search term.

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Członek ProZ.com
od 2002

angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
I don't even get the "no results found" message Jun 17, 2002

That\'s what made me think of a possible problem with glossaries.

Ma. José

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

angielski > włoski
+ ...
Impossible to get results for me, too Jun 17, 2002

Dear Jason, I was thinking of writing a support request just 10 minutes ago. When I write a term and send tthe query, I get as a result a new page just showing a partial page and no result. I\'ve searched for example for \"solenoid box assembly\", that is certainly in the glossary (http://www.proz.com/glossary/215871), all I get is again the portion \"Term or phrase:\" and then the portion \"Languag... See more
Dear Jason, I was thinking of writing a support request just 10 minutes ago. When I write a term and send tthe query, I get as a result a new page just showing a partial page and no result. I\'ve searched for example for \"solenoid box assembly\", that is certainly in the glossary (http://www.proz.com/glossary/215871), all I get is again the portion \"Term or phrase:\" and then the portion \"Languages\". Nothing more than this.

Do you have a solution?

Thank you

Ilde
Collapse

schwensen (X)
schwensen (X)  Identity Verified
hiszpański > duński
+ ...
The same happens to me! Jun 17, 2002

I just get half a page... No options nor explanation is given.

Best,

Anna

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Hiszpania
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
same problem here Jun 17, 2002

I submitted a support request the other day about problems with pages loading, but haven\'t heard anything yet. I can\'t get past a blank, white screen when I click on \"submit\" to search for terms in the glossaries. I get the same thing when I submit a peer grade, accept an answer to a question, or try to search by country on the Blue Board. This has been going on for several days now. What\'s up?

.. Jun 17, 2002

Try again, let me know if it is working normally now.

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Hiszpania
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
still doesn't work Jun 17, 2002

Jason, I just tried it again and the same thing happened (blank screen after submit).

thierry2
thierry2
angielski > francuski
+ ...
me too Jun 17, 2002

I had the same problem yesterday.

I tried with another word and it worked.

I tried the first one again and it didn\'t.

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

angielski > włoski
+ ...
thank you, Jason, now I've tried again and it works Jun 18, 2002

I hope the problem does not arise again

thank you

Ilde

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
francuski > angielski
Not sure that it's been set straight yet Jun 19, 2002

There is a problem. Here’s an example with the French verb “indemniser” which can be translated by “indemnify” in English.

1-Try this.

FR>EN “indemniser”

“No results found”

2-Now try this.

EN>FR “indemnify”

“Results”…

3-Try this too.

EN>FR “indemniser” (the “wrong” way round, if you see what I
... See more
There is a problem. Here’s an example with the French verb “indemniser” which can be translated by “indemnify” in English.

1-Try this.

FR>EN “indemniser”

“No results found”

2-Now try this.

EN>FR “indemnify”

“Results”…

3-Try this too.

EN>FR “indemniser” (the “wrong” way round, if you see what I mean)

“Results”…

Questions. Why no results in the first example? The second example shows that the temr is in there. Why does the term turn up when the French word is entered as if it were the English one?

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with glossary search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »