Overanbundance of machine-like questions?
Автор темы: MarianneH
MarianneH
MarianneH
норвежский => английский
+ ...
Jun 13, 2002

In the Norwegian area, there seems to be an overabundance of questions which are extremely bad Norwegian, to say the least, and seem to many to be machine translations from another language (not necessarily English). Is anyone else noticing this phenomenon in their languages? Is posting a bad machine translation approved use of this resource?

Eivind Lilleskjaeret
Eivind Lilleskjaeret  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:56
английский => норвежский
+ ...
As long as there are translators willing to answer them... Jun 14, 2002

...these questions will be pouring in. To English speakers, Norwegian is probably exotic in a \"Swedish cook\" kind of way, don\'t you think?, and people obviously like to send each other machine-translated \"encoded\" messages. Helping these kids is not what I\'d call the prime target of the KudoZ system, but if some colleagues have too much time on their hands, I wouldn\'t want to stop them from doing so (I\'ve answered a few of them myself, I believe...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Overanbundance of machine-like questions?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »