ProZ.com term search glitch
Thread poster: Noni Gilbert Riley
Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:20
Spanish to English
The solution Jan 27, 2012

I have commented on this problem numerous times and never received any help. But I find that every now and then the term search gets totally thrown by the use of the accent. If you remove the accent from the word, the problem is solved.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Reports of issues with Term search tool have been acknowledged Jan 27, 2012

Lesley Clarke wrote:

I have commented on this problem numerous times and never received any help.

Hello Lesley. I see that you submitted at least 2 support requests to report issues with the Term search function and that both were replied to by site staff. In fact, in one of them, I myself informed you that the issues that you had found would be added to the list of improvements needed for the Term search tool.

I also clarified that improvements to the platform would take time and asked you to let me know if there were any other issues that would need to be looked into by developers.

In any case, as Alejandro explains in his post, this is exactly what developers are doing, looking into some of the issues reported by members and fixing them.

I appreciate your patience.

Lucia

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:20
German to English
+ ...
Thanks! Jan 27, 2012

Glad ProZ is looking into it. The same thing happens with German terms with diacritical marks.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks for the heads-up, Daina! Jan 27, 2012

I will let developers know of the issue you mention so that they take a look at it too.

Lucia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com term search glitch

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »