Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2]
What do you think about a tearoom on proz?
Tópico cartaz: Leena vom Hofe
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Espanha
Local time: 16:04
Membro (2005)
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
A rant room Jul 3, 2009

Andrea Brumma wrote:
But: Why are you afraid of heated discussions? First of all, professionals should be able to lead a professional, polite discussion. Apart from that, even in politics there are heated debates sometimes … so what? People who care about their reputation will be careful about the way they lead discussions.

It's not that I would regret to see other people being unpolite (if they do, I simply stop caring about the conversation): it's that I would not like to see myself getting carried away and saying things I'd later regret, mostly because I do respect my fellow translators even someone can say something inconvenient... the same way I could.

Andrea Brumma wrote:
At least an off-topic chat could be used to let some steam off in cases like that …

In this sense I entirely agree! And indeed if no trace was left from the conversation, it would allow us to be sincere in the days when we are exhausted, worried, and disappointed. And it would also allow us to have some fun without anybody feeling attacked (in Proz, "attack" is a synonym for "disagreement", as it seems).

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
França
Local time: 16:04
Membro (2003)
inglês para holandês
+ ...
Bad idea Jul 3, 2009

By all means, go and set up your tearoom elsewhere. And don't forget to invite me ...

Regards,
Gerard

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 02:04
chinês para inglês
'Tea-house'/'Coffee-house' Jul 3, 2009

http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/13014-#33590;#39302;_#65306;_#25152;#26377;#26080;#20851;#32039;#35201;#30340;#35805;#39064;.html

There's been a 'Chinese tea-house' on-site since 2003 ...
Perhaps every forum is a 'tea-house/coffee-house' ...

[Edited at 2009-07-03 23:58 GMT]

Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do you think about a tearoom on proz?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »