Thread poster: NickPalmer
NickPalmer
NickPalmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:28
German to English
+ ...
Feb 19, 2022

I'm doing a very large (144K) localisation job in Memsource, from US English to UK English. 95% of the lines will be identical. Is there a command like in memoQ to move everything from source to target, so I can then edit those segments that need anglicisation? I've seen their announcement that this has been launched in the mobile version - is there a desktop equivalent? Otherwise, I need to do it a segment at a time with Ctrl-INS.

Thanks to anyone who can advise!

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Select all Feb 19, 2022

Select all: Ctrl+Shift+A
Copy source to target: Ctrl+Insert

Stepan Konev
philgoddard

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:28
English to Russian
Regex ^$ Feb 20, 2022

If you already have some segments populated with translation or confirmed, you can first filter only empty segments using a regex (^$) as shown below, and then apply the shortcut as suggested by Thomas T. Frost:2022-02-20_031929

NickPalmer
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I owe you both a drink Feb 20, 2022

Fantastic - saved me many hours of work. THANK YOU.

NickPalmer
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PS Feb 20, 2022

Note that Crtl-shift-A needs to be done after positioning the cursor in the target text area - otherwise you'll probably get something about ad blockers instead.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Copying source to target in Memsource

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »