Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Is it possible to translate mxliff (Memsource) format in Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:06
English to Russian
Login or attach a writable TM Apr 15, 2022

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
First of all the TM indicator of the desktop version isn't green.
If so, that is exactly the reason why you can't add your translation. Ask your PM to attach a TM in 'write' mode. However I don't understand how you can meet both conditions simultaneously: 'TM indicator isn't green' and 'all indicators are activated'. Either you are not logged in, or the project TM is not attached. And even with read-only TM, you still need to have it attached. You can't deliver your translation by uploading until they attach a TM. Unless they do it, the only way is to send them your translated file by email.

[Edited at 2022-04-15 14:10 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Memsource support Apr 15, 2022

Also, you can ask their support. They reply very quickly. To avoid additional questions and spending additional time, you should give a link to your project so that they can see why that happens. When I experienced a similar issue with my undeliverable translation, they gave a clear explanation within 1 hour after my request.
Memsource reply

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
xliff seems to be not translated Apr 15, 2022

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
I can open the file, ... but still no target text
Just noticed this. Er... So you don't have any translation in your file, do you? You have nothing to upload. If yes, then you did something wrong when you saved the target file. The fSDL product never changes the target file name. Are you sure you open the correct file?

One other idea: do you have the MXLIFF file type installed on your fSDL product? Can you see a generic icon when you add an mxliff file into your project?
Trados

[Edited at 2022-04-15 14:18 GMT]

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:06
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
well... Apr 15, 2022

it looks like you are doing something wrong in Trados...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Is it possible to translate mxliff (Memsource) format in Studio 2014?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »