Thread poster: KEYI TECHNOLOGY
KEYI TECHNOLOGY
KEYI TECHNOLOGY
Local time: 16:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 1

Hello everyone,

I've recently embarked on an entrepreneurial journey by registering my own localization company, aiming to bridge linguistic and cultural gaps across industries. As I navigate these early stages, I'm grappling with the best strategies for client acquisition. I'm curious about the most effective platforms for advertising our services – should we focus on LinkedIn, industry-specific forums, or another route? Additionally, given the competitive nature of the localizat
... See more
Hello everyone,

I've recently embarked on an entrepreneurial journey by registering my own localization company, aiming to bridge linguistic and cultural gaps across industries. As I navigate these early stages, I'm grappling with the best strategies for client acquisition. I'm curious about the most effective platforms for advertising our services – should we focus on LinkedIn, industry-specific forums, or another route? Additionally, given the competitive nature of the localization industry, I'm concerned if entering the market now is too late. I'd greatly appreciate any insights, experiences, or advice on how to successfully establish and grow in this field.

Thank you in advance for your support!
Collapse

Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:34
English to Turkish
Good luck Apr 1

I'd very much doubt you'll get any satisfactory insights for your question in this forum. One thing is for certain though: LinkedIn will get you nowhere.
I think the best thing to do would be to get yourself employed by a large translation company, not as a translator obviously, but as a project or vendor manager (as in-house personnel, not as freelancer), and learn the trade from the inside. Observe how they're conducting their business, getting their clients etc. Once you've learned the
... See more
I'd very much doubt you'll get any satisfactory insights for your question in this forum. One thing is for certain though: LinkedIn will get you nowhere.
I think the best thing to do would be to get yourself employed by a large translation company, not as a translator obviously, but as a project or vendor manager (as in-house personnel, not as freelancer), and learn the trade from the inside. Observe how they're conducting their business, getting their clients etc. Once you've learned the ropes, leave and start your own company. Finding translators shouldn't be a problem.

[Edited at 2024-04-01 10:23 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
expressisverbis
Jorge Payan
Michele Fauble

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:34
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Sounds a bit... Apr 1

KEYI TECHNOLOGY wrote:
text

...ChatGPT-ish?

Dan

Baran Keki
expressisverbis
Michele Fauble

Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:34
English to Turkish
You may be right Apr 1

Dan Lucas wrote:

...ChatGPT-ish?

Dan

I didn't check out his profile when I posted. ChatGPT or no, that would be my answer. According to his profile, his company is running like a well oiled machine, but here he's asking about how to get clients. Weird that. He's also concerned "if entering the market now is too late". Is ChatGPT afraid of itself?

[Edited at 2024-04-01 10:56 GMT]

expressisverbis
Jorge Payan

KEYI TECHNOLOGY
KEYI TECHNOLOGY
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OMG, how did you know that? ! ! I did polish my question with chatgpt? You are amazing! ! Apr 1

OMG, how did you know that? ! ! I did polish my question with chatgpt? You are amazing! !
Indeed, I over-polished.
Dan Lucas wrote:

KEYI TECHNOLOGY wrote:
text

...ChatGPT-ish?

Dan

[Edited at 2024-04-01 14:06 GMT]

KEYI TECHNOLOGY
KEYI TECHNOLOGY
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your advice Apr 1

Thank you very much for your advice, I will try to get good advice from experienced managers. And you're right, whether I use chatgpt to polish my questions or not, the question is always valuable. My agency just get established. I did worked for a lot of high-profile clients, but it's all because I've been working with another localization giant, unfortunately, it is difficult to establish long-lasting and stable contracts with primary customers.

Baran Keki wrote:

Dan Lucas wrote:

...ChatGPT-ish?

Dan

I didn't check out his profile when I posted. ChatGPT or no, that would be my answer. According to his profile, his company is running like a well oiled machine, but here he's asking about how to get clients. Weird that. He's also concerned "if entering the market now is too late". Is ChatGPT afraid of itself?

[Edited at 2024-04-01 10:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking Partnerships: Strategies for a New Localization Agency

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »