CSV data mess with Invoice export - any workaround?
Inițiatorul discuției: Peter Sass
Peter Sass
Peter Sass
Germania
Local time: 09:21
Utilizator
din engleză în germană
+ ...
Oct 29, 2012

Hi there,

I love the billing feature, yet the invoice export via the CSV format does not seem to work properly. When trying to import the CSV data into common spreadsheet programs like Excel or Calc (OpenOffice), the columns get messed up, e.g. invoice dates and descriptions entered in one column etc. I've tried all the possible tweaks for data import, but none works to distribute the data into different columns.

Since this has been noted before, is there a workaround?<
... See more
Hi there,

I love the billing feature, yet the invoice export via the CSV format does not seem to work properly. When trying to import the CSV data into common spreadsheet programs like Excel or Calc (OpenOffice), the columns get messed up, e.g. invoice dates and descriptions entered in one column etc. I've tried all the possible tweaks for data import, but none works to distribute the data into different columns.

Since this has been noted before, is there a workaround?

Unfortunately, the one mentioned by Juho Karhu here
http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom:_translator_coop/158290-announcing_invoicing_tool_updates:_payment_reminders_custom_formatting_purchase_order_number_more-page7.html#1866286
, i.e. converting the CSV to XML before importing to Excel, does not seem to work either.

I'd be most thankful for any ideas on this!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CSV data mess with Invoice export - any workaround?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »