Getting my computer to recognise hyperlinks
Thread poster: Sarah Port
Sarah Port
Sarah Port  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:18
German to English
+ ...
May 31, 2010

My computer has suddenly stopped recognising hyperlinks in Word documents. Instead of the hyperlink appearing in blue font and underlined, it appears in black with the word 'HYPERLINK' and the hyperlink enclosed in curly brackets.

How do I get my computer to recognise hyperlinks again?

Many thanks

Kate Chaffer
Kate Chaffer
Italy
Local time: 22:18
Member (2009)
Italian to English
Recent thread May 31, 2010

This came up last week. Have a look here.

http://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/171676-hyperlinks_in_word_documents.html

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:18
French to English
+ ...
Not your computer May 31, 2010

It's not your computer, it's MS Word. As a temporary fix, press Alt+F9. I haven't yet worked out how to get MS Word to display hyperlinks as default.

I'm talking about Word 2007 but I imagine the same will be true of 2003 etc.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Field codes May 31, 2010

Sarah Port wrote:
My computer has suddenly stopped recognising hyperlinks in Word documents. Instead of the hyperlink appearing in blue font and underlined, it appears in black with the word 'HYPERLINK' and the hyperlink enclosed in curly brackets.

Somewhere in your options, disable "field codes". It might be under Tools ... Options ... View. The Word file itself will probably look right to the client, but not to you, if you have view settings that are different from the client's view settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting my computer to recognise hyperlinks

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »