Christine Witzmann
Christine Witzmann  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:37
English to German
+ ...
Apr 3, 2003

Hello,

I am still pretty new to using Trados. Today I received a DejaVu file for translation. I had advised the agency that I do not have DejaVu, but that I have Trados. Initially she wanted to resend the files in Trados, which has not happened.

I would like to know how can I import the DejaVu file into Trados myself?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Christine

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 01:37
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
what do you mean? Apr 3, 2003

What do you mean by \"DejaVU\" file? DV handles a large variety of standard file formats (doc, rtf, xls, txt, html, etc., plus Trados pretranslated rtf files). The source file looks like any normal file of the given application.

If you still have doubts, try checking the DV website at www.atril.com

Open \"Documentation\": you fill find a Trados-Dv compatibility guide. You can also try asking question
... See more
What do you mean by \"DejaVU\" file? DV handles a large variety of standard file formats (doc, rtf, xls, txt, html, etc., plus Trados pretranslated rtf files). The source file looks like any normal file of the given application.

If you still have doubts, try checking the DV website at www.atril.com

Open \"Documentation\": you fill find a Trados-Dv compatibility guide. You can also try asking questions at the Dv mailing list under \"Support\".

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change a DejaVu file into a Trados file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »