Lookup function in Deja vu x2
Auteur du fil: Dimitry Berezyuk
Dimitry Berezyuk
Dimitry Berezyuk
anglais vers russe
+ ...
Jul 2, 2012

I am trying to figure out why the lookup function works only for English words. I just imported an Excel file to a newly created Termbase containing English and Russian columns. I can select an English word to lookup in the Termbase (Ctrl + L) and the lookup works just fine. But it does not do the same for the target language. OK. I modified the Excel and swapped the columns and the languages for the import. No success. Even if I just type a Russian word in the Project file and try to look it up... See more
I am trying to figure out why the lookup function works only for English words. I just imported an Excel file to a newly created Termbase containing English and Russian columns. I can select an English word to lookup in the Termbase (Ctrl + L) and the lookup works just fine. But it does not do the same for the target language. OK. I modified the Excel and swapped the columns and the languages for the import. No success. Even if I just type a Russian word in the Project file and try to look it up, it still works only for the English words. I am a new user. Can somebody help me out, please?Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Allemagne
Local time: 20:33
italien vers allemand
+ ...
No lookup in the target Jul 2, 2012

Hi Dimitri,

no lookup is possible for the target language. The same goes with translation memory. Only source searches.

Mike

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turquie
Local time: 21:33
anglais vers turc
+ ...
Looks up in the source language Jul 2, 2012

Hi Dimitry,

I assume you are working on an English>Russian project. Term search (Ctrl+L) and Fuzzy Term Search (Ctrl+Shift+L) can be used in the source sentence only. That is you select a word in source and use these shortcuts to find the Russian translations of these term. In DVX1 and DVX2 it is not possible to make a term search from the target language (at least with these shortcuts).

But you can always open the termbase in another tab (or in another instance of DVX2
... See more
Hi Dimitry,

I assume you are working on an English>Russian project. Term search (Ctrl+L) and Fuzzy Term Search (Ctrl+Shift+L) can be used in the source sentence only. That is you select a word in source and use these shortcuts to find the Russian translations of these term. In DVX1 and DVX2 it is not possible to make a term search from the target language (at least with these shortcuts).

But you can always open the termbase in another tab (or in another instance of DVX2), select Russian as your source language and find the terms (either with Ctrl+F) or with an SQL filter (or a combination of both).

Some examples:

Terms with Client No. 001:
ID IN (SELECT LemmaID FROM Attributes WHERE AttrTypeID = 5 AND TextValue = '001')

Terms with Client No. 001 and Subject No. 0:
ID IN (SELECT LemmaID FROM Attributes WHERE AttrTypeID = 5 AND TextValue = '001') AND ID IN (SELECT LemmaID FROM Attributes WHERE AttrTypeID = 4 AND TextValue = '0')

Terms which include the letters ABC:
(((Lemmas.Lemma) LIKE "*ABC*"))

[Edited at 2012-07-03 08:35 GMT]
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Allemagne
Local time: 20:33
italien vers allemand
+ ...
You may also want to try this... Jul 2, 2012

http://www.apsic.com/en/products_xbench.html

Mike

[Edited at 2012-07-02 22:15 GMT]

Dimitry Berezyuk
Dimitry Berezyuk
anglais vers russe
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Lookup works just fine now. Thank you. Jul 3, 2012

Selcuk and MikeTrans, Thank you for your help. As soon as I swapped the target and the source languages the lookup works beautifully in Russian.
Selcuk, special thanks for the SQL filter usage examples. I got the concept.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lookup function in Deja vu x2

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »