Project properties - what is the purpose of the "Reverse" option?
Thread poster: Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:17
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
May 4, 2012

Dear colleagues,

Does anybody know the purpose of the "Reverse" option under Project>Properties? I was looking in the manual but couldn't find anything.

I thought that the reverse option was meant to make translation memories readable both ways (for example, English>German and German>English). But that doesn't seem to be the case (I just tried it out by sending an English>German project into a TM and then using that TM for a German>English project).

Thanks
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Does anybody know the purpose of the "Reverse" option under Project>Properties? I was looking in the manual but couldn't find anything.

I thought that the reverse option was meant to make translation memories readable both ways (for example, English>German and German>English). But that doesn't seem to be the case (I just tried it out by sending an English>German project into a TM and then using that TM for a German>English project).

Thanks for your help!

Olaf
Collapse

Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:17
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! May 10, 2012

I just found out why the "Reverse" option didn't seem to work: This option needs to be ticked both when SENDING a translation into the TM, and when READING the TM (in a project with the opposite language combination).

I will try to remember that for next time!

[Edited at 2012-05-10 20:07 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project properties - what is the purpose of the "Reverse" option?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »