Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:26
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 10, 2002

Dear all,

I know there is a DV discussion group on Yahoo, and I also posted my question there, but I wonder if anyone on ProZ could help me out.

I translated a Transit project using DV, with the appropriate SGML filter. Now, when I export the file back into Transit format, the file apparently looks OK (opened in Word with Unicode-7 encoding), but when I want to double check it in Transit 2.7, I receive an error message: File too big.

What\'s more, all th
... See more
Dear all,

I know there is a DV discussion group on Yahoo, and I also posted my question there, but I wonder if anyone on ProZ could help me out.

I translated a Transit project using DV, with the appropriate SGML filter. Now, when I export the file back into Transit format, the file apparently looks OK (opened in Word with Unicode-7 encoding), but when I want to double check it in Transit 2.7, I receive an error message: File too big.

What\'s more, all the codes seem corrupted and all the non-English characters (with diacritical marks) are represented as codes.

In DV, I worked on the file with the extention of the target language, exported it after translation and replaced the original target language file with the exported one.

What am I doing wrong? I seriously hope someone could help me out, otherwise my client will bite off my head. (They specifically asked me to translate in Transit - but in DV it\'s at least twice as

efficient, so I converted the file and translated in DV.)

Thanks for any suggestions,

Csaba Ban

Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved Apr 10, 2002

Resolved

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
You can now delete the question Apr 10, 2002

As an asker you can (Bottom line)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit - DV: Exporting problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »