Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2]
I bought the Deja Vu X software for 900 E (before they changed the prices), but my dongle got stolen
Tópico cartaz: Will J. Bravo
Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:55
francês para polonês
+ ...
Arrows flying circus... Apr 14, 2010

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Count me as another delighted dongle user. Thank goodness we'll continue to have that choice!

The choice idea is not very frequent now...

PS I haven't noticed any difference in the behavior of "Ctrl and/or Shift combinations with arrows," but maybe I'm not using DVX in a sophisticated enough way. What kind of issues are you having, Grzegorz?

When you have multiple portion hits in the target sentence after AutoAssembly (marked with blue or grey blue) and you use Ctrl/Shift+arrow left/right (mainly left arrow), DVX loses the selection (if Shift is pressed) and starts to move in the opposite direction.
Awful.

The letters with diacritics may be considered as code boundary and a part of the sentence can't be edited.
You must go to another segment and return back to the misinterpreted one.

When you use heavily portions and AA, it may slow you down up to 15-20%.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-04-14 14:33 GMT]

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Propagation problems Apr 14, 2010

I think it's related with some propagation problems. We are working on it, but we also want to finish a beta build of the new version as soon as possible in order to have the release in Q2.

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Ctrl+Shift+Arrows Apr 14, 2010

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

When you have multiple portion hits in the target sentence after AutoAssembly (marked with blue or grey blue) and you use Ctrl/Shift+arrow left/right (mainly left arrow), DVX loses the selection (if Shift is pressed) and starts to move in the opposite direction.
Awful.

The letters with diacritics may be considered as code boundary and a part of the sentence can't be edited.
You must go to another segment and return back to the misinterpreted one.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-04-14 14:33 GMT]

But this happens in all the applications. The worst thing is that these applications do not use Ctrl+Shift+anyotherkey to run any function.

Grzegorz Gryc
francês para polonês
+ ...
Standard Windows convention... Apr 14, 2010

Javier Arrizabalaga wrote:

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Awful.

But this happens in all the applications.

Whatever you do, try to reproduce it in MS Word.

The worst thing is that these applications do not use Ctrl+Shift+anyotherkey to run any function.

No, Xavi.
Ctrl+Shift+left/right arrow(s) is a damn standard Windows convention.
I.e. select the entire word(s) on the left/right.
Then I may use the DVX Ctrl+Shift+B/N in order to move it back/forward.
It was one of my core DVX functions.
It worked perfectly as long as I remember... 'til 7.5.316.

The codes handling was always somehow illogic but the words with multiple portions hits were always handled correctly.
You have a bug.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-04-14 18:16 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turquia
Local time: 15:55
inglês para turco
+ ...
This is great Apr 14, 2010

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Atril should use this 'feature' in its campaigns. DVX slows you down, so upgrade to the new version, but slowly

In my case, use of the Ctrl+Shift+down/up arrow combination (without AA) sometimes causes termination of DVX without an error message. Luckily, DVX saves everything.

[Edited at 2010-04-14 18:19 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc
francês para polonês
+ ...
Brassens... Google Translate... Apr 14, 2010

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Atril should use this 'feature' in its campaigns. DVX slows you down, so upgrade to the new version, but slowly

Mourrons pour des idées, d'accord, mais de mort lente,
D'accord, mais de mort lente.

PS.
Sorry, I could not resist, hommage to Georges Brassens.

Well, as the French is not the language of the forum, just for fun, I submitted this text to GT and I received a surprisingly decent translation.

Die for ideas, okay, but a slow death,
Okay, but a slow death.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-04-14 21:15 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc
francês para polonês
+ ...
DVX stability... Apr 14, 2010

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

In my case, use of the Ctrl+Shift+down/up arrow combination (without AA) sometimes causes termination of DVX without an error message.

I have an impression the 7.5.316 build is less stable than the 7.5.303.
Sad but true.

Luckily, DVX saves everything.

Yep.
Unlike T2009.

Cheers
GG

PS.
By mistake, I put some mess in my last posts (I clicked Edit instead of Quote) but I hope it's (almost) repaired...

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Ctrl+Shift+B/N Apr 15, 2010

Thanks Gregorz, I will check if the same happens with 7.5.303 with Ctrl+Shift+B/N

The GT comment reminds me one of the new features of the new version. Uppps, I said before that I cannot say nothing else

Grzegorz Gryc
francês para polonês
+ ...
Ctrl+Shift+left/right arrow Apr 15, 2010

Javier Arrizabalaga wrote:

Thanks Gregorz, I will check if the same happens with 7.5.303 with Ctrl+Shift+B/N

Ctrl+Shift+B/N works well.
Maybe the algorithm should be improved in order to handle better codes, apostrophes etc. but it's still OK.

The problem is the selection done with Ctrl+Shift+left/right arrow before I use Ctrl+Shift+B/N, it's completely erratic.
It seems you introduced a feature which "unpaints" multiple portion matches when Ctrl+arrows is used (well, sometimes it's useful if your sentence is like a Xmas tree because of the coloured multiple hits) but you have a problem with the cursor position.
I suppose you assume left-to-right cursor move but when the cursor moves right-to-left, some "parasite" cursor moves are added in order to complete the procedure.
I'll try to prepare a little example for you in few minutes.

The GT comment reminds me one of the new features of the new version. Uppps, I said before that I cannot say nothing else

Nobody noticed it

Cheers
GG

Will J. Bravo
Will J. Bravo
Local time: 06:55
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Can you use the dongle in multiple computers? Jun 8, 2010

Hello Javier.

First off, I recently got my new dongle in the mail. Thanks a lot for the support. Lorenzo was extremely professional and helpful.

I got a newbie question. I registered the new dongle using the laptop I use to work at home and when I try to use my travelling laptop to load a project, I cannot.

I had understood I would be able to use the software in various computers, although not simultaneously. Am I right? If this is so, how do I go abou
... See more
Hello Javier.

First off, I recently got my new dongle in the mail. Thanks a lot for the support. Lorenzo was extremely professional and helpful.

I got a newbie question. I registered the new dongle using the laptop I use to work at home and when I try to use my travelling laptop to load a project, I cannot.

I had understood I would be able to use the software in various computers, although not simultaneously. Am I right? If this is so, how do I go about using it in my travelling computer. Got a huge project I gotta finish within the next 48 hours and it will be impossible without the assistance of DV. Can you help me with instructions as of what do I need to do to be able to use a full version of DV in different computers?

Thanks again, Javier. Cheers!
Collapse

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Reinstall dongle drivers Jun 8, 2010

Hi Will,

You should reinstall the dongle drivers on your laptop. In order to do it, please follow these steps:

1) Unplug the USB dongle.
2) Go to Start Menu->Run and type:

"C:\Program Files\ATRIL\Deja Vu X\Dongle\setupdrv.exe" /u

(make sure the /u is outside the quotes)

3) Go to Start Menu->Run and type:

"C:\Program Files\ATRIL\Deja Vu X\Dongle\setupdrv.exe"
... See more
Hi Will,

You should reinstall the dongle drivers on your laptop. In order to do it, please follow these steps:

1) Unplug the USB dongle.
2) Go to Start Menu->Run and type:

"C:\Program Files\ATRIL\Deja Vu X\Dongle\setupdrv.exe" /u

(make sure the /u is outside the quotes)

3) Go to Start Menu->Run and type:

"C:\Program Files\ATRIL\Deja Vu X\Dongle\setupdrv.exe"

4) Shut down.
5) Reconnect the dongle and restart.
6) The Windows "Found New Hardware" wizard should appear. Follow it, making sure to tell it to use the default location when searching for the drivers, and ignoring (i.e. accepting) any warnings about the drivers not being signed.
7) Try DVX.
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
francês para polonês
+ ...
64-bit OS? Jun 8, 2010

Will J. Bravo wrote:

As Javier said. it's probably a dongle setup problem.
You have a 32 or 64 bit OS?
On some 64-bit systems the setup may sometimes fail and the dongle should be installed manually.

I had understood I would be able to use the software in various computers, although not simultaneously. Am I right?

It's one of the uncontenstable DVX advantages... unless the dongle get stolen or eaten by a dog

Cheers
GG

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Polônia
Membro (2010)
inglês para polonês
+ ...
Jun 8, 2010

[Edited at 2010-06-08 18:57 GMT]

Will J. Bravo
Will J. Bravo
Local time: 06:55
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
¡Gracias una vez más! Jun 9, 2010

I'm up and running, guys... And hurrying to meet the deadline. Thanks for your help, Javier.

Grzegorz Gryc, it's indeed a great feature. The thing is kind of easy to get lost though...

Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I bought the Deja Vu X software for 900 E (before they changed the prices), but my dongle got stolen

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »