Using .inx files in Across
Thread poster: Hilzendegen (X)
Hilzendegen (X)
Hilzendegen (X)
Local time: 08:19
English to German
Sep 1, 2008

Hi!

I am trying to translate an inx file in across, but I am unsure, where the translatable content is. Is there a schema or dtd that I can use as reference, or does anybody know, which tags contain translatables?

Oh, and another problem:

I have found translatable content in the pcnt-tags, but for whatever reason, the segments start with "c_". Am I doing something wrong, or do I just have to live with this?

Thanks!
Ma
... See more
Hi!

I am trying to translate an inx file in across, but I am unsure, where the translatable content is. Is there a schema or dtd that I can use as reference, or does anybody know, which tags contain translatables?

Oh, and another problem:

I have found translatable content in the pcnt-tags, but for whatever reason, the segments start with "c_". Am I doing something wrong, or do I just have to live with this?

Thanks!
Marko
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:19
English to Turkish
+ ...
Not sure but Sep 1, 2008

Normally you should select the standard INX format in Document setting template.
In that case pcnt tags are not visible. As for the "c_" problem, I wonder if the original file was InCopy, saved as incx and then imported into InDesign.

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
Local time: 01:19
English to German
.INX Files Sep 2, 2008

Which version of across are you using?

Uwe

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
English to German
INX. Sep 2, 2008

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Normally you should select the standard INX format in Document setting template.
In that case pcnt tags are not visible. As for the "c_" problem, I wonder if the original file was InCopy, saved as incx and then imported into InDesign.

You could be right because incx is the inCopy format for CS2.

Uwe

Hilzendegen (X)
Hilzendegen (X)
Local time: 08:19
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
my silly mistake Sep 2, 2008

Uwe Schwenk wrote:

Worse,
I used tagged xml instead of visual xml! running smoothly now. But now some of the sentences are fragmented. is there a way to join segments?

Marko

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
English to German
Joining Segments Sep 2, 2008

Hilzendegen wrote:

Uwe Schwenk wrote:

Worse,
I used tagged xml instead of visual xml! running smoothly now. But now some of the sentences are fragmented. is there a way to join segments?

Marko

Marko,

look at my answer concerning splitting under the link below. However, that depends how you have set up your workflow.

http://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/109366-is_there_a_way_to_manually_adjust_segmentation_in_across.html

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using .inx files in Across

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »