Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 00:06
Membre (2003)
polonais vers allemand
+ ...
Why the heck a dial-up connection? Nov 16, 2005

George Amolochitis wrote:Hi Jerzy,

Therefore, we need a dial-up connection, only. I presume we can find the correct adaptor in the reception. Here, in Greece we are using 'Shuko" 220 Volt/50 Hz sockets.

Best regards,

George

There is LAN in the hotel, which means you connect to a Local Area Network and are accessing Internet via it. No dial-up, no modem, no codes - simply plug in and surf, if your notebook is properly configurated, which is by default the case with Windows XP.
The hotel reception holds network cables for your convenience.

Regards
Jerzy

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 23:06
Membre (2004)
anglais vers letton/lette
+ ...
LAN Nov 16, 2005

Hi Jerzy,

I am a bit slow on this subject as I use Wi-Fi or failing that 3G datacard. Did I understand you correctly - to connect to LAN we need a cable and hotel has plenty of these cables? And the cables fit all laptops?

Cheers,
Burrell

Jerzy Czopik
Allemagne
Membre (2003)
polonais vers allemand
+ ...
No, they don´t Nov 16, 2005

What you need is a physical LAN card to be connected with LAN via wire. What you are using is the same, but wireless. In the hotel you cannot use your WLAN however.
Nevertheless, there are some hotspots in Cracow, where you can use your laptop. You may find a listing of some locations here.

Please ask your computer dealer, if your notebook is equipped with a phys
... See more
What you need is a physical LAN card to be connected with LAN via wire. What you are using is the same, but wireless. In the hotel you cannot use your WLAN however.
Nevertheless, there are some hotspots in Cracow, where you can use your laptop. You may find a listing of some locations here.

Please ask your computer dealer, if your notebook is equipped with a physical LAN card - which is very likely, but not sure.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Anette Hilgendag
Anette Hilgendag  Identity Verified
Espagne
Membre
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Flight from Gatwick Nov 18, 2005

Wow, time flies ... conference starts next week already, it seemed so long to go when I registered.

Will there be anyone else on the flight from Gatwick with Centralwings that arrives at 13.30? Maybe we can share a taxi to the hotel (I'm at the Hotel System).

Looking forward to meeting you all

Saludos
Anna

(Cross-posted at Social Events)

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Membre (2002)
allemand vers anglais
+ ...
Anyone else flying there from Munich on 24th around lunchtime? Nov 18, 2005

I just wondered who else might be flying from Munich on the same flight as me, so that we could get in the taxi together on arrival in Krakow. Please get in touch via my profile.

Astrid

Tadej Kokalj
Tadej Kokalj  Identity Verified
Slovénie
anglais vers slovène
+ ...
Wi-Fi Nov 19, 2005

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

... In the hotel you cannot use your WLAN however....
Regards
Jerzy

Why not? Is there any particular reason?
I am going to bring my own AP.

Cheers,
Tadej

Jerzy Czopik
Allemagne
Membre (2003)
polonais vers allemand
+ ...
Wasn´t it clear enough? Nov 19, 2005

Tadej wrote:

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

... In the hotel you cannot use your WLAN however....
Regards
Jerzy

Why not? Is there any particular reason?
I am going to bring my own AP.

Cheers,
Tadej

Very simple - because the hotel does NOT offer such service.
They have LAN Internet, so you need a device to connect to local area network. The hotel does not have any wireless access points.

How do you connect your notebook to the lan, is your business, so far I can tell. But why don´t you contact the hotel directly and ask them? Neither Magda nor I are somehow connected with the hotel and can tell you about their business policies.

Regards
Jerzy

Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
allemand vers anglais
Flying from London Luton on Weds. Nov 20, 2005

I'm going a day early (because the flights were cheaper that day) and flying from London Luton with EasyJet at 12.20 on Weds. 23rd. If anyone else is going to be on that flight - or will be arriving at Krakow at around the same time (16.20) and would like to share a taxi - do please get in touch.

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Roumanie
Membre (2003)
anglais vers roumain
+ ...
LPG Nov 22, 2005

Hello,

Does anyone happen to know if LPG is available at gas stations in Poland in general and in Krakow in particular?

Many thanks,
Dan

Jerzy Czopik
Allemagne
Membre (2003)
polonais vers allemand
+ ...
Yes, it is Nov 22, 2005

At least all major petrol stations in Cracow do sell LPG (not natural gas!). I do not know much about other petrol stations along your way from South, but if you chose the often used routes it should be no problem. LPG is quite widely spreaded in Poland, just completly unlike Germany, where we almost not have LPG, but they sell here natural gas.

Regards
Jerzy

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Roumanie
Membre (2003)
anglais vers roumain
+ ...
Thanks, Jerzy! Nov 22, 2005

That's good to know.

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Pologne
Membre (2004)
anglais vers polonais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Taking a taxi from Balice Airport Nov 22, 2005

Hi All,

For those of you who arrive by airplane to Balice Airport (Krakow): we have made an arrangement with one of the taxi corporations by which you can either call from your mobile or (toll free) public phone and order a taxi. Please dial +48 12 9663 (from mobile) or 0-800 44 44 44 (from public phone) and ask a taxi to Balice Airport. As a contact name please say “Proz.com”. It takes about 10-15 minutes for taxi to arrive and they will wait for you in front of Arrival
... See more
Hi All,

For those of you who arrive by airplane to Balice Airport (Krakow): we have made an arrangement with one of the taxi corporations by which you can either call from your mobile or (toll free) public phone and order a taxi. Please dial +48 12 9663 (from mobile) or 0-800 44 44 44 (from public phone) and ask a taxi to Balice Airport. As a contact name please say “Proz.com”. It takes about 10-15 minutes for taxi to arrive and they will wait for you in front of Arrival Hall (look for the 9663 logo on the vehicle).

The fare should be approx. PLN 60 (80 at night hours).

Hope it's helpful!

Magda
Collapse

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Membre (2004)
anglais vers letton/lette
+ ...
What about the language? Nov 22, 2005

This is a great arrangement, Magda! But is it possible to order the taxi in English?

[Edited at 2005-11-22 13:31]

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Pologne
Membre (2004)
anglais vers polonais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
I very much hope so!!! Nov 22, 2005

Burrell wrote:
But is it possible to order the taxi in English?

Fingers crossed

Magda

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
allemand vers roumain
+ ...
online map of Krakow? Nov 23, 2005

hi, I haven't followed the discussion and I was wondering if anyone has a link to an online map of Krakow (best one that I can print out, so I don't have to open my computer each time I want to search for a street). Thanks a lot.

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Conference Krakow 2005: TRAVEL INFO

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »