Rodrigo Rosales Sosa
Rodrigo Rosales Sosa
Mexico
Local time: 11:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 26, 2023

Good morning, everyone:

I'll soon be taking the ATA certification examn in October for EN>ES and have been translating for a few months texts from some major information sources, like the Economist, The New York Times, BBC, Wired, Reuters and Al Jazeera.

However, I like to know from any previous ATA test takers (preferably certified) of other relevant or appropriate sources you have used for practice, specially magazines or periodicals, based on the following phrase fr
... See more
Good morning, everyone:

I'll soon be taking the ATA certification examn in October for EN>ES and have been translating for a few months texts from some major information sources, like the Economist, The New York Times, BBC, Wired, Reuters and Al Jazeera.

However, I like to know from any previous ATA test takers (preferably certified) of other relevant or appropriate sources you have used for practice, specially magazines or periodicals, based on the following phrase from one of the many links residing in the certification section of the ATA website: "Typical examples of English-language texts at the appropriate level are editorials in national newspapers, or articles in magazines aimed at an educated audience."

Unless I didn't search the forums properly, I haven't seen any discussion on this particular topic or aspect.

Kind regards
Collapse

Maria João Ivo
Hani Hassaan

Wilsonn Perez Reyes
Wilsonn Perez Reyes  Identity Verified
El Salvador
Local time: 11:28
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
ATA English to Spanish Certification (Aug 24 2023) Sep 27, 2023

https://www2.proz.com/forum/professional_development/363509-ata_english_to_spanish_certification.html

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Appropriate sources of texts for practicing for the ATA certification exam

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »