Seth Phillips
Seth Phillips  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:00
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 6, 2014

I had an excellent experience as a first timer at the ATA Conference in San Antonio last fall and look to attend annually. Now, I am thinking about attending NAJIT's (National Association of Judiciary Interpreters & Translators) annual conference taking place in Las Vegas next May (http://www.najit.org/Conferences/2014/onlineregistration.php). I do find it pricey just a two-... See more
I had an excellent experience as a first timer at the ATA Conference in San Antonio last fall and look to attend annually. Now, I am thinking about attending NAJIT's (National Association of Judiciary Interpreters & Translators) annual conference taking place in Las Vegas next May (http://www.najit.org/Conferences/2014/onlineregistration.php). I do find it pricey just a two-day conference (more like one and half days), compared to ATA's (3 three days). I don't do any interpreting yet, but I have a lot of interest in the legal translation area. For those that have attended both ATA and NAJIT conferences, I would like your input / perspective on NAJIT's conferences (in comparison to ATA's). Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2014-02-06 20:42 GMT]
Collapse

Tim Friese
Tim Friese  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:00
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Interesting post Feb 7, 2014

And I too would be interested in hearing from those who have attended NAJIT.

Seth Phillips
Seth Phillips  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:00
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nobody has replied :P Mar 15, 2014

Well, here's to hoping a response from someone that has attended NAJIT conferences.

I'm still trying to decided whether to go or not. Since I am looking into a 60-hour legal translation course (distance learning) in my language pair that costs about the same as the NAJIT Conference, I think I am going to opt out on the Conference and hopefully go the following year.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NAJIT vs. ATA Conferences

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »