Thread poster: Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:07
Catalan to English
+ ...
Nov 6, 2001

This is a wee note for all those wishing to attend the Barcelona PowWow! I tried to post a note earlier today, but it\'s the first time that I\'ve used this forum and I don\'t think I posted it correctly! Sorry if I\'ve posted it twice by mistake. Anyway...this is what I said (if my memory is correct!):

Patrick has kindly offered to let us meet up at his masia near Barcelona (25 min by car, 40 min by train). I am not sure exactly where, but I am sure he will let u
... See more
This is a wee note for all those wishing to attend the Barcelona PowWow! I tried to post a note earlier today, but it\'s the first time that I\'ve used this forum and I don\'t think I posted it correctly! Sorry if I\'ve posted it twice by mistake. Anyway...this is what I said (if my memory is correct!):

Patrick has kindly offered to let us meet up at his masia near Barcelona (25 min by car, 40 min by train). I am not sure exactly where, but I am sure he will let us know. He suggests we meet around 13:00 on 15th December for a barbecue.

Patrick would prefer to organize the food himself, but we would all divide the costs between us later.

What do you all think? It sounds good to me Please let me know what you think. Moltes gràcies!

Collapse

patrick32
patrick32  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Barbecue "El Trapiche", Near Barcelona Nov 8, 2001

Hello everyone: El trapiche is a typical Catalan Masia, located approximately 25 Min from Barcelona (by car) and 35 Min (on the train) The nearest station is St. Sadurni D\'anoia and the house is five minutes fromthe station. We have a minibus, so I can pick up those who come by train.

As Sheila has mentioned, the plan is for all of us to meet up at my place at approximately 12 o\'clock. We shall have a pica pica: Olives, fuet, crisps, almonds, Cava, aim to sit down to have lunch at 13
... See more
Hello everyone: El trapiche is a typical Catalan Masia, located approximately 25 Min from Barcelona (by car) and 35 Min (on the train) The nearest station is St. Sadurni D\'anoia and the house is five minutes fromthe station. We have a minibus, so I can pick up those who come by train.

As Sheila has mentioned, the plan is for all of us to meet up at my place at approximately 12 o\'clock. We shall have a pica pica: Olives, fuet, crisps, almonds, Cava, aim to sit down to have lunch at 1300 hours. Menu will be a classical barbecue: Pa amb tomaquet, escalibada,chicken, butifarra, lamb,etc, salads, red and white wine, dessert, Coffee. There will be a vegetarian option. Price is 3.500ptas. all inc. Que Tal?
Collapse

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes I hope to go Nov 8, 2001

Hi sheila

Yes, count me in!

Ailish

Montse Tugas (X)
Montse Tugas (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! That's my village! Nov 13, 2001

I will be very pleased to come and as I live in Sant Sadurni, I can help you with any thing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plans for the Barcelona PowWow!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »