Thread poster: Lucy Brooks
Lucy Brooks
Lucy Brooks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:03
German to English
+ ...
Jan 26, 2016

We start at 10 am on March 1st and continue through to April (with a break for Easter).
As a translator you have honed your translation skills and you are producing brilliant work for your clients. Now you can set your sights on developing your career (and your income!) With this course you can learn to make an impact through your translation and interpreting services and live the lifestyle you. You will discover your Unique Selling Proposition, learn how to balance translation with grow
... See more
We start at 10 am on March 1st and continue through to April (with a break for Easter).
As a translator you have honed your translation skills and you are producing brilliant work for your clients. Now you can set your sights on developing your career (and your income!) With this course you can learn to make an impact through your translation and interpreting services and live the lifestyle you. You will discover your Unique Selling Proposition, learn how to balance translation with growing your business, streamline your operations, reach out to the right clients and make the most of your talent. So, are you a translator or an entrepreneur? With the Business School for Translators course you can be both.
This course won the Community Choice awards for 2013, 2014, and 2015 sponsored by ProZ, and has many recommendations from over 250 graduates. The Business School for Translators course is suitable for new graduates and seasoned translators alike. If you need further convincing, read some of the testimonials on the web page at the link.
Due to Marta’s commitments, this course will not be repeated until at the earliest late this year, so now is your opportunity to join the band of graduates of this course.
Cost £185 which includes a one-to-one tutorial after 5 lessons, and some assignments to work on.
https://www.ecpdwebinars.co.uk/downloads/business-school-for-translators/

[Edited at 2016-01-26 11:37 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-01-27 07:55 GMT]
Collapse

Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm
Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:03
German to Greek
+ ...
And it's free! Jan 26, 2016

I mean the advertising.

[Έγινε επεξεργασία στις 2016-01-26 11:58 GMT]

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Is this Jan 27, 2016

allowed?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:03
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Note: Your title should summarize your main point. Jan 27, 2016

Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm wrote:
I mean the advertising.

philgoddard wrote:
Is this ... allowed?

This subforum is for language industry events and announcements, so what she wrote is in line with what the subforum is for. I think the original poster's only mistake was in writing such a sales-talk-like title for the event announcement. A more factual title would have served a better purpose. With this title, the original poster not only announces but unreservedly endorses.

Lucy Brooks
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Title of this posting Jan 27, 2016

I have taken your point and edited the title of the post. In answer to Phil, this forum is intended for such announcements. This course has won a Proz award 3 years running. Thank for pointing it out. It was a bit "salesy".

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Did any ProZ staff members take the course? Jan 27, 2016

Lucy Brooks wrote:
This course has won a Proz award 3 years running.

Lucy Brooks
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ members taking the course Jan 27, 2016

We don't ask students whether they are members of ProZ or not, so I cannot give specific figures. However many of them voted for the course, so we assume they are. I think most translators (at least of my acquaintance) have a ProZ profile.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:03
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I'm not sure if the OP's post is appropriate Jan 27, 2016

It is not allowed to put such a post in the forum unless:
The course is free to Proz members;
The course is endorsed by Proz's management team;
The course is co-sponsored by Proz.
You are an advertiser on the Proz site.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:03
SITE STAFF
The forum is for industry events and announcements, provided they are in line with the rules Jan 27, 2016

Hi all,

Samuel is right. The rule covering this is http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/13#13 .

Keeping your post titles descriptive and to the point is also a good practice, and helps ensure that people in search of the content of your post can more easily find it. Going "salesy" can work for some audiences, but for others... not so much!

The awards Lucy i
... See more
Hi all,

Samuel is right. The rule covering this is http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/13#13 .

Keeping your post titles descriptive and to the point is also a good practice, and helps ensure that people in search of the content of your post can more easily find it. Going "salesy" can work for some audiences, but for others... not so much!

The awards Lucy is talking about are the ProZ.com community choice awards, which are held annually, and wherein the ProZ.com community nominates and votes on candidates in a variety of categories. You can see the winners for the 2015 edition at http://www.proz.com/community-choice-awards .

Jared
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Business School for Translators with Marta Stelmaszak starts March 1

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »