Thread poster: Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:48
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 20, 2004

I have an assignment to finish and a big problem (Murphy's around...).
When exporting a file from Deja Vu I receive no warning messages, but when I open it with Word, I can see only some of the translation - there are 84 pages in the original file (27 of the text only) and after exporting there are only 10 (5 of the text only)! What's more, when I look at the file size, it is much bigger (227 KB) than a file containing 78 pages (157 KB) (also after exporting).
Could someone help me,
... See more
I have an assignment to finish and a big problem (Murphy's around...).
When exporting a file from Deja Vu I receive no warning messages, but when I open it with Word, I can see only some of the translation - there are 84 pages in the original file (27 of the text only) and after exporting there are only 10 (5 of the text only)! What's more, when I look at the file size, it is much bigger (227 KB) than a file containing 78 pages (157 KB) (also after exporting).
Could someone help me, please. It is an emergency for me.

Software details:
DejaVu X Professional 7.0.215
Windows XP Pro
MS Office Pro 2003

Thank you in advance.

Stake
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:48
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Build 7.0.238 Jun 21, 2004

Hi,

I have stopped having troubles with DVX after installing the latest build, i.e. 7.0.238.

I'd try first this update.

I have read that when using different encodings (source vs target) there might be some display problems, but to be honest I haven't followed the discussion, as it wasn't relevant for my pairs.

Have you asked on dejavu-l?
<
... See more
Hi,

I have stopped having troubles with DVX after installing the latest build, i.e. 7.0.238.

I'd try first this update.

I have read that when using different encodings (source vs target) there might be some display problems, but to be honest I haven't followed the discussion, as it wasn't relevant for my pairs.

Have you asked on dejavu-l?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

If not, I'd suggest you to do so.

Best,

Giuliana
Collapse

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Wrong code order Jun 21, 2004

Whenever I ran into this type of problems, it was due to wrong code order (i.e. Frank has to {135}go{134} to bed now).

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:48
English to German
+ ...
Changed source document? Jun 21, 2004

I remember a similar trouble when I unintentionally changed the source document which was needed in original form at the time of export.

Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 29, 2004

Thank you all for your support and I'm sorry for such a long silence, but quite unexpectedly I was cut off the Internet
I tried many tricks to solve the problem, including every hint you suggested, but it just wouldn't work. The problem was probably somewhere in the Word file (I think). I had to copy every single segment from Deja Vu to Word one by one - quite time consuming, but effective.

Regards,
Stake

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DejaVu X Professional - Export problem

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »