Is it possible to export a .dvsat file
Thread poster: Bjørnar Magnussen
Bjørnar Magnussen
Bjørnar Magnussen  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:39
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 26, 2009

A client has sent me a .dvsat file and asked me to export it to an Excel file for checking before sending it back.

As far as I understand, this is not possible - the only thing I can do with a .dvsat file is to translate it and send it back to the client. Could anyone confirm whether I am right?

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
I did it Jun 26, 2009

I was able to export Word an html files from a dvsat. Just give it a try, your PC won't explode.

Bjørnar Magnussen
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How did you export? Jun 26, 2009

Thanks, Wolfgang, for your assuring comment:)

I am able to export through the function "Export External Views", however, then I can only export as html or rtf.

I am not, however, able to export to an Excel file (the original format) by right clicking on the file in File Navigator. Then I get the error message "Cannot export from this type of project".

Do .dvsat files contain the information required to export them to their original format?

Rega
... See more
Thanks, Wolfgang, for your assuring comment:)

I am able to export through the function "Export External Views", however, then I can only export as html or rtf.

I am not, however, able to export to an Excel file (the original format) by right clicking on the file in File Navigator. Then I get the error message "Cannot export from this type of project".

Do .dvsat files contain the information required to export them to their original format?

Regards,

Bjoirnar
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 04:39
English to Turkish
+ ...
It depends on the project Jun 26, 2009

Bjørnar Magnussen wrote:

Full satellite projects include required information to export to the original format. But if the project (prepared with the workgroup edition) is a limited one, it will not include such information and its size will be smaller.

Selcuk

Caroline Bajwel
Caroline Bajwel  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
DVSAT exports Jun 26, 2009

Dear Bjornar,

Export of project files into their original format is possible with the Standard, Professional or Workgroup version of DVX but not with the Editor version. Is this what you are using?

Best Regards
Caroline BAJWEL

Bjørnar Magnussen
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answers to Selcuk and Caroline Jun 26, 2009

Thanks everybode for taking your time.

Selcuk: That might very well be the reason - the file size of the .dvsat is just 600 kb.

Caroline: I am using Professional (30 days evaluation version)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to export a .dvsat file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »