Matthew James Scown
Matthew James Scown
Germany
Local time: 17:52
Member (Feb 2024)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 18

It is not possible within MemoQ 10.6.8 to export a term base as a tab delimited .txt file. The options for export are: CSV, XLSX or Multiterm XML

Are there any other tools I can use to automatically convert any of *those* to a delimited .txt glossary?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Use Excel for converting .xlsx Apr 18

Open the File menu and select the Save as... command.
In the Save as type drop-down box, select the Text (tab delimited) (*. txt) option.
Select the Save button. If you see warning messages pop up, select the OK or Yes button.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:52
English to Russian
Export as txt Apr 18

Right click the termbase you want to export, select Export Terminology. Uncheck the fields you don't want to export (if any) and click the ellipses button in the upper right corner. Select 'Tab-separated text file (*.txt)' That's it.

Matthew James Scown
Matthew James Scown
Germany
Member (Feb 2024)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wrong answer Apr 19

Stepan Konev wrote:

Right click the termbase you want to export, select Export Terminology. Uncheck the fields you don't want to export (if any) and click the ellipses button in the upper right corner. Select 'Tab-separated text file (*.txt)' That's it.

This is not possible with MemoQ:
https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/webNext-help/mqw-nxt-resources-tbs-tb-export.html

MemQ allows export of term bses only as csv, xlsx, or multiterm xml.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Tools Apr 19

Matthew James Scown wrote:

Are there any other tools I can use to automatically convert any of *those* to a delimited .txt glossary?

AutoHotkey, Rons CSV Editor, Excel + system clipboard…

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:52
English to Russian
RE: This is not possible with MemoQ Apr 19

Did you try? I did.

[Edited at 2024-04-19 20:19 GMT]

Matthew James Scown
Matthew James Scown
Germany
Member (Feb 2024)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I wonder why Kilgray said this Apr 19

Interesting. I didn't, as I had been explicitly told by MemoQ support that MemoQ does not allow this. I wonder why they would say this. Perhaps they view 'terminology' as being somehow inferior to a 'term base'.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting a MemoQ term base to tab delimited txt glossary

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »