Thread poster: Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:12
English to German
Apr 25, 2018

Hi,

I hope that someone can suggest a solution. My computer has broken down and is out for repair, in order to finish some work I would have to deactivate my Trados licence and reactivate it on my laptop.

How can I do that, if I can't access Trados on my usual computer to deactivate?

André Sainderichin
André Sainderichin  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:12
Member (2014)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Log on to your account page Apr 25, 2018

Hi,

You don't have to use the computer Trados is installed on to de-activate it.

Just log on to Trados with any PC or laptop around (I guess a tablet will do just fine) and go to your account page.

On the second line, you'll see the tool to manage your licence. Cikck on that, you'll see the number of licenses you have, how many are in use, and how many are available. If you have a single license, that last one should read zero. Return the licence to Trados.
... See more
Hi,

You don't have to use the computer Trados is installed on to de-activate it.

Just log on to Trados with any PC or laptop around (I guess a tablet will do just fine) and go to your account page.

On the second line, you'll see the tool to manage your licence. Cikck on that, you'll see the number of licenses you have, how many are in use, and how many are available. If you have a single license, that last one should read zero. Return the licence to Trados. After a few minutes you'll see that you have one licence available again. Make a note of your licence key.

You can now download Trados to any computer. When you launch the application for the first time, it'll ask for your licence key.

One your PC is repaired, you do the whole thing over again.

Cheers
André
Collapse

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:12
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
I managed to do it! Apr 25, 2018

Thank you!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deactivate licence on broken down computer

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »