Cannot open the local copy of a server project anymore
Thread poster: Mona Sande
Mona Sande
Mona Sande  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:01
English to German
May 27, 2018

I checked a project out from the server yesterday and worked on it for a while. All good.
When I was trying to open the local copy today, I got this error message:

"Your current edition of MemoQ does not allow you to open this project. The server has no license for you."

I have tried updating MemoQ and also "Forget stored login for the selected server" with subsequent manual input of the password given to me by the project manager. I also restarted MemoQ and my la
... See more
I checked a project out from the server yesterday and worked on it for a while. All good.
When I was trying to open the local copy today, I got this error message:

"Your current edition of MemoQ does not allow you to open this project. The server has no license for you."

I have tried updating MemoQ and also "Forget stored login for the selected server" with subsequent manual input of the password given to me by the project manager. I also restarted MemoQ and my laptop. And searched this forum as well as other internet resources but I could not find any information about this error message anywhere.

Does anyone have any idea? Could the technical issue be on the project manager's side as well or is this definitly an issue on my side? I usually work mainly with Studio and am not too experienced with MemoQ, so I'm pretty clueless as to how I can continue working now...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Collapse

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert

CD_Schuster
CD_Schuster
Germany
Local time: 14:01
German to English
+ ...
No license currently available May 27, 2018

I assume you do not have your own license and received a temporary ELM or CAL license as part of the project. This license may have been revoked since the start of the project or all licenses from the memoQserver's license pool are in use by other memoQserver users.

This explains the error message: Without a license, you are using the "memoQ free" edition, with which you cannot work on memoQserver projects.

You should ask the project manager to check why you are no long
... See more
I assume you do not have your own license and received a temporary ELM or CAL license as part of the project. This license may have been revoked since the start of the project or all licenses from the memoQserver's license pool are in use by other memoQserver users.

This explains the error message: Without a license, you are using the "memoQ free" edition, with which you cannot work on memoQserver projects.

You should ask the project manager to check why you are no longer receiving a license and, if relevant, reissue a license to you (depending on their licensing setup).

In the meantime you can try to login at regular intervals, in case other users have completed their projects or returned their license, thus freeing up a license for you to use.

Greetings,
Chris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open the local copy of a server project anymore

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »