https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/317171-untraslated_segments_in_target_file_due_to_page_breaks_in_docx.html

Untraslated segments in Target file due to page breaks in .docx
Thread poster: f_padovani
f_padovani
f_padovani
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2017

Hello everyone,

I am currently translating a manual, which contains some 100 .docx files.

I have created the project in Trados 2017, but after translating the first file I have noticed that the saved target file is not completely translated: after the point where in the original docx I have a page break, my translation stops and everything after that is untranslated.

I know I could change the original .docx and remove the page breaks, but we're talking abou
... See more
Hello everyone,

I am currently translating a manual, which contains some 100 .docx files.

I have created the project in Trados 2017, but after translating the first file I have noticed that the saved target file is not completely translated: after the point where in the original docx I have a page break, my translation stops and everything after that is untranslated.

I know I could change the original .docx and remove the page breaks, but we're talking about more than 100 files with a lot of page interruptions (more or less at the end of every page).

Is there a way to avoid this problem? Can't Trados recognize page breaks somehow without having to reformat all the files? Or have I done something wrong during the creation of my project?

Any help would be much appreciated!

[Edited at 2017-07-26 10:41 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Untraslated segments in Target file due to page breaks in .docx

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »