Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
New computer = new headaches in store. Please help :)
Thread poster: Sheila Wilson
John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:28
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Huh? Aug 22, 2017

Tom in London wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

The specialty of the house are those where they click "automatic renewal" on your behalf, without you being aware of it. Then you just end up watching someone playing with your money and swiping off your credit card behind your back.

The way I see it: With subscription system, I give control to Microsoft. With one-time license, I keep control on my end.

- and what happens if for some reason you don't pay?

Why on earth wouldn't I pay? I'm in business. The only reason I wouldn't pay is if I retire...

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:28
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ever so much Aug 24, 2017

Oh dear, I asked for your help and then I didn't even have the courtesy to reply. I'm really sorry . Unfortunately, my breathing space only lasted two short days and I'm inundated again now. Those posts really aren't the sort that can just be skimmed through - they need careful reading and time to digest. I really do appreciate all the contributions though, and I'll be getting back to this later. At the moment, I'm keeping my fing... See more
Oh dear, I asked for your help and then I didn't even have the courtesy to reply. I'm really sorry . Unfortunately, my breathing space only lasted two short days and I'm inundated again now. Those posts really aren't the sort that can just be skimmed through - they need careful reading and time to digest. I really do appreciate all the contributions though, and I'll be getting back to this later. At the moment, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my 2010 dinosaur (my IT guy's description) will hold together for another week or two.Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New computer = new headaches in store. Please help :)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »